Ranking well on search engine results pages is crucial for your online visibility score and ultimately for your ROI. To rank high in search engines, test out and combine organic and paid traffic for optimal results. Whether you hire an agency or do it in-house, your search engine marketing strategies require a serious, continuous commitment, so they reflect your business goals. Here are a few pointers to get the most out of paid advertising.
- Before investing in keywords, choose the ones that best describe your activity and that differentiate you from the competition. For example, if you have a hair grocery store in Bangalore and choose “grocery store Bangalore” as keywords, you will have thousands of businesses to compete with. To narrow down the options, use differentiators such as “fresh vegetables home delivery in Bangalore.”
- Continuously adjust. There is no secret recipe to be successful with ads. Change your strategy and A/B test different variants to discover what produces the best results.
- Watch and learn from your competitors. Use tools to build competitive positioning maps and see what keywords performed well in past ad campaigns.
- Build targeted landing pages (commonly called PPC) with customized content to push visitors towards specific actions and improve your conversion rates to improve your quality scores in SEM.
- If using Google AdWords, use callouts and sitelinks to provide users with multi-layered information right in the search engine and to drive deeper navigation through the different pages of your website.